About this Recipe
I loved this dish so much when I was in Yunnan. I have not seen a recipe for a vegan version, so I made one!
Photo and Recipe Courtesy of Jessian Choy
- 3 tablespoons oil (I use untoasted sesame oil)
- One bottle of liquid vegan egg
- ¼ cup dried jasmine buds
- Salt to taste (I prefer Himalayan salt)
- Soak jasmine buds in lukewarm water for 5 minutes.
- Pour oil in a pan set over medium-to-high heat.
- After the oil starts to smoke a little, gently pour eggs in.
- Add jasmine buds.
- Stir only after eggs seem cooked at the bottom. Stir about every 10 seconds until cooked.
- Add salt, if needed.
If you have leftovers, refrigerate them and eat them within four days.
You may be able to source some ingredients for this recipe more affordably and sustainably from bulk bins at herb shops and natural foods stores.